Friday, September 19, 2008

wonderfull Indiyeah from Rajdhani

Mumbai central... I ate bread Omlet and had one big bottle of mineral water,expecting I may reuse it while en route to delhi.Actually I have never travelled from City of Dreams to captivating capital Delhi. One hour long waiting and helplessly watching bored advertisements with their loud sound,I was desperately waiting for Rajdhani to come. Like most of the youth mind I also keep the universal opinion about the public system, and was not known that Rajhdhani is managed by Private contractors.6, AS-3 I just reached there,this was the first time that I was travelling with only one air bag with one small piggy bag which was stuffed with friday's news paper,my iPod and one contemporary book.Books and wines are my passion.Though most of the time I go for first passion. Reason number one: Most of the time its less costly reason number two, you need not to convince anyone about the benefit of readings. For second passion, yes you need to be convincing evidence of celebration. Though I am not connsousore.See how the self defence has started itself.I adjusted my bag and waited for my charming luck if I could get accompany of good co passengers.Next entry to my berth was of Mr Varun and his wife.I made a quick judgement that they were recently married as I saw the lady`s palm with red impressions of hina.'Rony, you need not go ahead until I wont be saying you to do so',little boy of 5 years just ran before his mother could catch hold of him.
"Hi I am Uma and he is my son Rony".
Interruption again "Rony mumma is saying something to you,and if you want that mumma should not talk to you then its fine".
Uma: I thought you three know each other"
Me: No we are just co passengers and now we have started knowing each other"
Uma: dont, ein unartiger Junge sein.Onkel beobachtet Sie.(Dont be naughty boy,Uncle is watching you."
Me:Hey Rony,I am Pradeep! How r u?"
Rony:(with big and bright smile) I am fine thank you.Uncle do you know where is the monkey?"
Me: "Ya he is outside of this station and the moment you wont listen mom, he will come inside."
Uma: "He is very talkative. You will feel bore after a time.So dont entertain him when you feel you are getting bored."
Rony: "Mumma, Ich will davon pissen.(I wanna pee off)".
Uma: Wait let me adjust the baggage.We will go. Okey"
We all got a break when Rony went for loo.Probably this is the way now a days someone who love talking makes a start.
Varun: "Nice watch"
Me: "Thanks, My sister gifted it to me."
Me: "(After a pause of 2 minutes)You look like Rajeev Gandhi."
Varun laughed and then he introduced about himself that he works with JP Morgan in finance department and going for a short trip to delhi with his wife.
Later on Varun and me we both had short conversation about life in mumbai,job,investments(SIP/Mutual Funds) and marriage.Rony was in.
Rony: "Uncle,I want to do push ups."
Varun took the call and he got engaged with him for next 1 hour.Uma started formal introduction.
She was on short visit to India and was married to some German gentleman.Business communication in English was her profession there in Germany.One more person was in. Running with his 45,he was probably either some big businessman from small town.whenever he was in conversation with any of us it was short and in Hindi.Rajdhani gotta speed. It was 120 KM per hour. It has really reminded me about the minimum threshold speed of car in USA.It had given me a sense as I was able to sneak outside of the black glass pane.
Suddenly there was a Kishore kumar song was on track in background .. much to my surprise.But it was something which I really liked,especially when iPod or Cell run short of battery power to entertain you.The whole journey became so nice with the beautiful landscape of dusty mountains with little patches of bushes and trees and with few herds grazing.
There were caws,sheeps,hourses,hens n birds and beasts and a lot many, this was Rony pandora box of small animal kingdom world. He opened his bag and strated playing with them with due invitation to me.
It was a game of one hour when he was busy in arranging all his toys on and off on the food table next to berth.Despite all the best logic one may apply,nobody was able to persuade him to put the Animal Kingdom inside his bag again.
Me: "Rony See the little cow want to sleep now in dark."
Rony: "Does she say so?"
Me: "Absolutely.I just heard. She is tired and want to really sleep."
I think that was the punchline which hitted the half german- half indian Rony.
I asked his Mom when he is gonna to sleep,she said it usually happens when he is not talking.To much of my surprise next morning everyone woke up with his sweet voice.Rajdhani gives you comfortable landing in Delhi in morning hours.
It was 14 hours short journey with the forst ever feeling of comfortable jouney in Indian Railways.
I arrived in Delhi.I have been in Delhi and Mumbai both the cities.Each has got its own feel good and feel bad factors.
Common mumbaikars are very cosmopolitan,supportive and honest.To make the distinction to this,it excludes those who are forerunner in rampaging news vendors,hawkers and migrants.
But the infrastructure is so poor and bad that its really a struggle to travel.Need not to repeat where tax payer money goes ..and currupt politicians.
Delhi is exceptionally good in basic infrastructure,flyovers,metros and more.But it dampens all the spirit of enjoying when we see the labelling of crime capital overshadowing all this.
I came out of the New Delhi railway station has opened his pandora box of whole animals........

Cont.....

jetzt seine Zeitzeit, um zu schlafen, um Onkel gute Nacht Zu sagen.now its time time to sleep, Say uncle good night.

1 comment:

Rahul Hawre said...

This article was a good show of almost all gizmos that you have. i guess u missed to write something abt you watch. maybe the lines could had been "i looked in my watch and it showed digital 11 in courier font which also has external memory", not a good writer but always a good promoter :) good job